Dumbbell reverse fly is another great workout which targets major upper back muscles and rear shoulder muscles. This works on rear shoulder blades by causing shoulder blades to pull in toward each other.
Also reverse fly is a great workout with many benefits including, improving balance and posture, improving strength and stamina and reducing pains in neck and shoulder. Another positive thing in dumbbell reverse fly is, you do not need to go to a gym to perform this exercise. You can do it on your own home just with pair of dumbbells.
Here are the steps to perform the dumbbell reverse fly.
- Stand on your feet with shoulder width apart while holding dumbbells on your sides
- Slightly bend your knees and bend your core to the front until almost parallel to the floor
- Then let the dumbbells to hang freely towards down
- Make sure to maintain your back straight without any bends
- Then raise your both arms to outwards while squeezing the shoulder blades (maintain a slight bend in your elbows when raising the dumbbells)
- Come back to the initial position which the dumbbells hanged freely
- Repeat for 3 sets of 15 repetitions
Make sure to select a dumbbell with a low weight if you are a beginner. If not you can start with a lower weight and increase the weights when doing second and third sets.