Leg raises is a great strength training exercise which specially targets your lower belly and lower belly is the hardest of the abdominal muscles to tone up. For the most of the people, even they are not fat, they have some lower belly hanging down which really looks terrible. So if you are one of them, we think this is the right exercise for you.
Leg raises is a simple but very beneficial exercise which you can do at any place at any time. Because it doesn’t need any equipment to work on. You don’t need even to go to a gym. You can do this workout with wonderful results, right staying at your home. As previously said, leg raises is a great workout with many benefits for no cost. By performing this exercise, you can enjoy many benefits. Some of them are, it can help you to strengthen your core muscles, more calorie burning, less risk of injuries and improvement of flexibility.
Same as the other workouts, leg raises is also have its own variations to target different muscle groups. Some of them are single leg raises, side leg raises, lying leg raises, leg raises hanging and also you can perform it by leg raises machine if your gym have it.
Now let’s get in to how to perform the exercise. If you are a beginner, then try to do 20 repetitions first and then increase by 10 if you don’t feel tired. If you have done this exercise before, then try to do 50 or 100 repetitions without keeping your legs on the ground. Or else you can try to cover by time. If you are beginner try to do for 20 – 30 seconds without stopping. Higher the time you perform quicker the results. So try your best to perform the exercise until your muscles fail to do a single rep again. So here are the basic steps to perform the traditional leg raises.
- Lay a mat on the ground
- Lie on your back on the mat
- Keep your legs, hands and head in straight line
- Now lift your legs straight towards upwards until it turns 90 degree angle with your core
- Then slowly lower your legs until almost touching the ground (keep in mind not to place your legs on the ground, you can only keep your legs down after doing the allocated number of repetitions, not before that)
- Hold for few seconds
- Raise your legs back upwards
- Try 20 or 30 seconds on the first day if you are a beginner, if not try to do 1 -2 minutes.
Perform leg raises and see the amazing results for your self. Keep in mind that none of the exercises matters until you eat healthy, Check out these recipes.