Crunches is the most popular abdominal exercise which targets your abs muscles. It has many benefits including building six pack abs and tightening your abs muscles. Similarly as in other workouts, crunches is also have its own variations to target different muscle groups of your body. Some of the variations are oblique crunches, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches and double crunches. Out of all the types of crunches, bicycle crunches can be stated as the best crunches variation according to studies. So in this article we are going to discuss more in detail about bicycle crunches.
Bicycle crunches is a great workout to tone your rectus abdominus muscles and oblique muscles at the same time. But as we have stated in previous articles, you will not get any results if your fat percentage is higher than 10% . Because any of these ab exercises will not help you to burn your fat. These workouts will work only, if you follow them with HIIT or cardio workouts only. Then only you can tone your ab muscles while burning the deposited fat on your body.
When performing bicycle crunches, if you do your repetitions faster, then you will feel it is so easy. But if you really want to focus more and get the best results within a short time, you should do it slowly and feel the movements. So here are the basic steps to perform the great exercise bicycle crunches, which have many benefits including ab strengthening.
- Lay a mat on the ground and lie on it
- Put your hands behind your head after crossing the fingers
- Keep your legs straighten and lift them for about 20 -30 degrees inclination
- Now move your right elbow towards your chest while bringing the left knee to the chest to touch the right elbow (Important: make sure to move your shoulders when moving your elbows, without moving just the elbow)
- Now come back to the initial inclined position and do the same for left elbow and right knee
- Repeat for 50 – 100 repetitions