Crunches are the most popular abdominal exercise which targets your abs muscles. It has many benefits including building six-pack abs and tightening your abs muscles. Similarly, as in other workouts, crunches also have its own variations to target different muscle groups of your body. Some of the variations are oblique crunches, bicycle crunches, reverse crunches and double crunches. Out of all the types of crunches, bicycle crunches can be stated as the best crunches variation according to studies. So in this article, we are going to discuss more in detail about bicycle crunches.
What are Bicycle Crunches?
Bicycle crunches are a great workout to tone your rectus abdominus muscles and oblique muscles at the same time. But as we have stated in previous articles, you will not get any results if your fat percentage is higher than 10%. Because any of these ab exercises will not help you to burn your fat. These workouts will work only if you follow them with HIIT or cardio workouts only. Then only you can tone your ab muscles while burning the deposited fat on your body.
Steps to perform Bicycle crunches
When performing bicycle crunches, if you do your repetitions faster, then you will feel it is so easy. But if you really want to focus more and get the best results within a short time, you should do it slowly and feel the movements. So here are the basic steps to perform the great exercise bicycle crunches, which have many benefits including ab strengthening.
- Lay a mat on the ground and lie on it
- Put your hands behind your head after crossing the fingers
- Keep your legs straighten and lift them for about 20 -30 degrees inclination
- Now move your right elbow towards your chest while bringing the left knee to the chest to touch the right elbow (Important: make sure to move your shoulders when moving your elbows, without moving just the elbow)
- Now come back to the initial inclined position and do the same for left elbow and right knee
- Repeat for 50 – 100 repetitions
Before I end this article, I will share little of my experience too. I have used and still using this workout during my HIIT session of 15 minutes because of its greatness and the working muscles. So add it to yours too and enjoy the benefits.