Push ups is not just a great multi purpose workout, but also it is a measure of your fitness level. Push ups helps to strengthen upper body and core muscles by engaging abdominal muscles. Also it works triceps, pectoral muscles and shoulders when performing the exercise. Also push ups will maintain body balance and create a good posture.
There are many other variations of push ups also instead of the traditional push ups. But here I am going to
Follow the below steps to perform the push up exercise accurately.
- Lay a mat on the ground
- Lie on it on fours, facing down
- Place your palms straightly downwards of your shoulders with slightly wider than the shoulder width
- Now straighten your arms and legs
- Hold for few seconds and slowly lower your body to the initial position
- Repeat for 3 sets of your maximum number of repetitions
In here, the maximum is the number of repetitions that you can do at a raw no more after. Try to do 20 – 25 repetitions if you are a beginner. Even if your maximum is less than that, it is okay you can improve it later with the experience. It is good to do 100 – 150 push ups daily if your maximum is 50 or higher.