Importance of Glute Bridges
Glute bridge is a great workout for the back as well as for glutes. Also, this is a very beneficial workout for the people who cannot do hard workouts with weights such as squats due to back or knee pain. Also, this is a great workout for ladies to get round and big buttocks. Another plus point of glute bridges is it can create the right body posture which was weaken and shorten by seating all day.
Glute Bridge Variations
There are more than one method of variations in glute bridges. Few of them can be listed as follows.
- Single leg Bridge – In single leg bridge you are only keeping 1 feet on the floor. Other leg is carrying in air and therefore whole your body weight is given for the leg on the ground. so, have to do same number of repetitions for both of the legs.
- Banded Glute Bridge – In banded glute bridge you have to use a band to give more thrust instead of the traditional glute bridge.
- Weighted Bridge – In weighted glute bridge is more effective as the weight that you are lifting is higher than lifting your own body. You can carry a barbell with weights or a weight plate as you can carry.
- Elevated Bridge – In elevated bridge, the only difference with the traditional glute bridge is you are not keeping your feets on the ground. Instead you are keeping your feets on a bench or a box.
- Single leg Elevated Bridge – In this, you are keeping only 1 leg on the bench or the box. Other leg is straighten and you are carrying it while moving.
Steps to perform
Here are the basic steps of performing Glute bridges or Bridges exercise.
- Lay a mat on the ground and lie on it
- Place your feet elevated or not, as per the variation of the glute bridge you hope to perform
- Keep your arms beside your hip
- Press the feet and lift your buttocks until your back turns to a flat inclined plane (while lifting make sure to squeeze your butt muscles)
- Hold for few seconds
- Come to the initial position by lowering your buttocks
- Rest for few seconds then repeat again
- Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions if you are a beginner. Or else try for 1 set of 50 repetitions