Beef + Lamb
Nothing satisfies the body quite like beef, but is it okay on Weight Watchers?
Thankfully, the answer is “yes,” you just have to make the right choices.
Lean ground beef is a good option, because it has less saturated fat. Beef also
goes really well with a wide variety of vegetables, most of which are 0-
points, so you can bulk up meals pretty easily. This section is full of classics
like enchiladas, meatloaf, BBQ, and leg of lamb, which have all been adapted
to fit the Weight Watchers Freestyle program.
Slow-Cooker Asian Beef Roast
Overnight Meatballs + Sauce
Spicy Beef + Zucchini Skillet
Slow-Cooker Beef BBQ
Time: 40 minutes (15 minutes prep time, 25 minutes cook time)
With less than 10 ingredients, you can throw together this easy enchilada
recipe in under an hour. It makes enough for 8 people, so you’ll probably
have leftovers for lunch, which I always love. There’s a lot of variety in each
bite with corn, onion, salsa, refried beans, cheese, and of course, beef. With
that variety comes nutrition, so you can eat this hearty meal and feel good
about spending just 4 Freestyle points!
1 chopped onion
3 minced garlic cloves
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
11-ounces drained corn kernels
1 can refried beans
3 tablespoons water
6 corn tortillas (6-inch size)
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
1. Turn your oven to 400-degrees.
2. Spray a skillet and add onion, garlic, and beef.
3. Cook and stir, until the onion is softening and beef is browned.
4. If there’s too much fat, drain.
5. Add taco seasoning, corn, and 1 cup of the salsa.
6. Stir to blend flavors.
7. Next, mix water and beans in a bowl.
8. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish and spread down 2 tortillas.
9. If the bottom isn’t covered, use another half or a third of a tortilla.
10. Spread ⅓ of the beans on the tortillas, followed by ⅓ of the beef
and ⅓ of cheese.
11. Add more tortillas.
12. Add more bean, beef, and cheese.
13. Lay down the last layer of tortillas, and add the rest of the bean,
beef, and cheese.
14. Cover with foil, and cook for 25 minutes.
15. Top with the rest of the salsa and serve!
Freestyle points: 4
Nutritional Info (⅛ per serving)
Total calories: 298