Categories
Healthy Recipes Workouts

How to lose weight effectively

Somatotypes

The human body can be divided into 3 main types according to the way that fat deposits in different human bodies, ectomorph, mesomorph, and endomorph. Ectomorphs are long and lean, they have little body fat and little muscle. Because of the nature of their body, they have a hard time gaining weight. Endomorphs are the opposite of ectomorphs. They have lots of body fat, lots of muscle, and they gain weight easily. Finally, the mesomorphs, they are not overweight and nor underweight. 

Are you an Endomorph?

If yes, this article is for you. In here, we are going to discuss little details with our experience about endomorphs and what you should do and do not to lose weight. Most of the people around the globe are using a gym to workout. But it is not a must. You can even do sprinting exercises and cardio while running or walking on a track near your home. Also, if you have a pair of dumbbells at your home, then you can perform many of the workouts right staying at your place.

Two factors in weight loss

If you want to lose weight, you should focus on two things basically.  First is food and the second is the exercises. Food has a 70% contribution to weight loss and the other 30% is taken by the exercises that we do.

Do’s & Don’ts

Firstly, let’s talk about food. The best thing in this is, we do not need to starve to lose weight.  If we eat the right things, it is not that hard to lose weight. The only thing we must do is to control the amount of carbs and fat we take in. Simply eat a lesser amount of Carbs than your usual habit and you can eat fruits and vegetables as much as you want. Personally, I recommend eating 1 spoon of rice, pasta, noodles or whatever your starch intake is. And the next main point is to add more vegetables to your diet like broccoli, carrot, gherkin, cucumber. Your protein intake should be taken by meat, fresh milk and other dairy products also. Also, it is okay to eat whatever fruits you need, but I recommend eating watermelon, avocado and papaya. Another main thing that increases our weight is sugar intake. Reduce high sugar-containing foods and beverages and avoid street food which is fried in deep oil. Other than carbs and fats, you can eat whatever you want.

Also I recommend making your own food with low calories in this period. Then you can eat healthier than buying food from a store, because when you make your own food, then you are not adding unnecessary amounts of sugar, starch or fats if you are really intended to lose weight.

For frying purposes, the best oil is canola oil and olive oil as it has the lowest fat percentage.  You can follow the healthy food recipes simply by clicking here.

Workouts to Perform

Nextly, I will talk about the most effective exercises in my weight loss journey. HIIT is the most effective way to lose weight. You can do it in a gym or either at home. But it is efficient to do 5 minutes of HIIT instead of 30 minutes of cardio in a gym. So, here I have given you some HIIT exercises.   Pick five exercises from the below list and continue doing it at least for a month while controlling your food as mentioned above. 

  • Burpees
  • Plank jacks
  • Push ups
  • Mountain climbers
  • Speed skaters
  • Star jumps
  • Tuck jumps
  • Jump squats
  • Plant kickbacks
  • Lunges
  • Russian twists

Select 1 exercise from the above and do it for 40 seconds and rest in the next 20 seconds. This is counted as a 1 set. Do such 3 sets from 1 exercise. So all you have to do is pick 5 exercises and do 1 exercise for 3 times per day. If you want to know how to perform these exercises, follow the article, “The Best HIIT Exercises for Weight Loss“.

2+
Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *